Monday, February 9, 2009

Names!

I was just random chatting with my father before he sleeps and we come about talking about Names! I told him that our names give meaning to our lives just like how the bible uses names to frame a person's destiny. And in a Taiwanese drama show, a lady's name can be called as Wang Mei2 Nu2. LOL. And my mum's ex classmate is called Chen Ying1 Jun4. And the teacher will always say, " I don't understand why ur parents give you the name Ying1 Jun4, ni1 yi4 dian3 ye2 bu4 ying1 jun4! (translation: you're not handsome at all!)" And my mum's friend will be so saddened. roars.
And my dad's ex neighbour is called Tan Ah gou3 (dog). i was like =(
Anyway, i thank God my name is still quite okie!

Father: "Okay come! say out the meaning of your chinese name!"

Faints!! my father knows that i don't like saying out the meaning of my chinese name and he keeps on insisting that i do it!! Cheap thrills!!

Me: "papa! i don't want!! "

Father: "Sayyy!!"

And..Me being a good and fulfil daughter, i recited the meaning to appease him. LOL. ROARS!

Anyway, some interesting pictures that i found.

I saw quite a number of my friends' name here!!

And dearie! I found this!! haha the origin or ur name!!



haha and this! cool huh! will "myrna" be a popular name in the 21st century too??


roars!

However, i couldn't find the origin or meaning of my christian name! =X

That's all folks! Back to my pharmaco notes!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA twinnie!! Seems like my name is super duper common!

And i realised...I totally have no idea what my Chinese name means >.<

Myrna said...

It means attractiveness!! woohoo!! hahaha which is ur xian?? is it the same one as mine??? mine is with the nu + xian, urs??

Anonymous said...

whoa! cool! where'd u find the origin of my name from?? i can't read it except for helper of humanity, emotion, honesty, etc. lolx, i can't see the smaller words:( send me the link! i wanna read and save! darn cool! and what does ur chi name mean?? i have no idea what mine means either. haha, kk, u can tell me when we meet, if not so many ppl will know if u tell me here. anw, i realised i forgt to tell u tt i wasn't joining ya all for prayer mtg on wed nite, so sorry! did u gals go for dinner after that?

Myrna said...

heys dearie! haha cool horz! can only find ur name man. i found it on google images. LOl..okies! tell u when i meet u next time, i think u will surely laugh and roll on the floor!:x haha ya, we went to JP subway, lilian kelly titus daniel tan. and we keep teasing daniel (tay). lol..see u this weekend! hugs!

グレース said...

Hahaha mine's 贤 ^-^ Urs is the same as zx's. I don't think many girls use this 贤 though...HAHA!

Myrna said...

hahaha cool!! and the xiansss! ur xian refers to demure!! xian shu remember?? heh

グレース said...

Xian shu is this xian ah?! Wahahah! I never knew tt! Other than my sisters, i don't any other girls who use my xian tho!

Myrna said...

hmm! actually quite a few of the actresses with the 'xian" uses ur xian too! heh. we the xianniez!