Thursday, May 29, 2008

My first!! :)

I finally closed a case today!! PHEW everyone heaved a sigh of relief for me! I thank God i didn't break the record or create new record LOL. the longest time ever to have closed a case is 2 weeks and i'm exactly 2 weeks working today! =D i'm going to sign the contract with the candidate tml!! so happy! haha for the past 1 week, it has been "EXCITING" man..the candidates either flopped the interview, pangseh the interview or run away during the 1st day of work =X roars! everytime i hear the news, my heart will like collapsed for a moment lol..

But i'm really thankful that my team leader, mentor and collegues are v supportive :) some of them can be aggressive and straightforward but i really know deep in my heart that they want to help me.

Wells, after working for 2 weeks, it has been like darkness and light haha..really a training for me in the working world to deal with reality. I guess most of us are in our dream lala land for the past 20 years, whereby our friends and people around us are just so nice to us. Like for the past few jobs i have, all the aunties collegues all take good care of me, make sure i'm alright etc etc..but now, no more aunties to be there le!

But sometimes it can be complicated. Some of you all may know about my mentor's temper, but i really appreciate her. I used to think how come she always " pick " on me..is it because she don't like me? But until few days ago, my friend at work came to me and told me, "You know XXX really dotes you a lot..I can tell..she's very protective of you.. :) blah blah blah" Until then, then i realized yah, really, she really impart me all that she knows and she will give me all her temp cases, so that i could have cases close as soon as possible.. I told her yesterday during lunch, when 2 of us are alone, that i really appreciate her. Sometimes my other friends will mistaken her as bullying me..They argue v loudly with her about it till i could hear it when i was interviewing my candidates. I wanted to explain to my friends that my mentor wasn't like that!! But when i finish the interviews, all of them are gone le! sigh. i felt a bit bad. she's like being mistaken.

Wells, quite a number of my friends at work are also temp staffs! :) Most of them ( temp or perm staffs) life science undergrad and graduate, so it's like a Nus science alumni over there.

Actually i really like my job, it's fun but challenging..but at times, will feel frustrated ba.. but I'm thankful to those who gave me a listening ear for the last few days..to hear me grumble a bit.. hahaha u know who you are :) so thank you!!

i believe God will always turn the tables around for good! amen! :)

No comments: