Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I am Sam" :)

I watched the movie " I am Sam" today. I borrowed the dvd from a friend. This movie is awesome, it's very different from the other movies that i had watched. This movie is about a intellectually challenged father, Sam, who had to fight for the costody of his daughter, Lucy. Lucy just had her 7 years old birthday and the children welfare thought that Sam, who has an intellectual ability of only 7 years old, is not able to take good care of Lucy. Now that Lucy is growing up, and her intellectual ability is going beyond her dad, what's next? The general plot is very simple, however, the movie looks very deeply into the issues of life :) The love of a dad, regardless who he is, surpasses all.

Intelligence, Wealth, Fame, Education are not able to buy the love of our closest kin. It explores humanity, the very thing that touches every of our hearts. Every character in the movie is unique. Sam's 4 friends, who are also intellectually challenged, stand by him throughout the long trial period! How they help him, how they love Lucy, really touches my heart. This is what friends are about.. :) Rita (Sam's lawyer) was a materialistic and hard hearted person..however, through the process of helping Sam, come to realize what love is all about..how simple life and pure love can bring about joy and happiness to our closest kin.

hey, u should watch this movie :) It's not exciting and power pacted as compared to maybe like Harry Potter? and it's not as emotional or teary as compared to korean dramas, but it's really impactful the soul, will make me reflect upon my life.. Thumbs up!!

I just felt sometimes we may have some misunderstanding about intellectual challenged friends, even i sometimes do too..i guess, we need to know more about them :) i'm often very touched by my Jams students' family.. It's really like unconditional love. sometimes i will just imagine, what if in future, my child is a special child..what would i do?

Wells, i will love whoever i can love right now, God, my family and my friends. They're too precious for me to exchange for anything :)

No comments: