Sunday, September 9, 2007

A PASSION FOR LIFE

Wooh! today's a sunday! i've been out of the house since 7,8am and only back only around 8pm plus. Today is really filled with so much things that sets me into pondering. By the way, many of my friends know that i am very busy on sunday, and they always wonder why. so let me share with u my typical sunday :)

haha i went for morning service, then today's speak is Nick Vujicic. He is a motivational speaker and travels around the world. He is really amazing. He is born without limps. No arm, no legs A 8 min video about his growing up is shown. Since young, Nick is really a v handsome boy. When i saw his pictures and video of him, i'm like.."oh no..wasted". However, this guy is really fabulous! Despite not having limps, he can still swim, ride the horse, go boating etc. And the most amazing part of him that strikes me is that, HE LOVES LIFE :)

At that point of time, i'm really very inspired and encouraged by Nick. How many of us love life? how many of us live life to the fullest like him? From the way he communicate with the audience, the way he bravely faced about his handicap and the way he simply love the way he is, are really fabulous. At that point, i was thinking, "I am healthy person without any disability in the physical body, but am i living life the fullest?"

The passion he has for life really inspires me. I believe everyone of us will go through times when our passion for life has diminished to a level where we don't have any vision and dream. Maybe for me myself, i was like that too. Then, i could not see any purpose in life. I saw no reason behind it. I wondered where is my life when i am alive. However, i feel in my heart that everyone is born, no because of chance but, purposefully. I served in Jams ministry, where students there are intellectually challenged or autistic. They are really very nice people :) I often wonder how their world is like. is it simpler? happier? I like them. I like them for being themselves. I like them for being simple. I like them for being frank with their own feelings. I can never understand how their parents feel, the emotional drain, financial burden and physical tension they have to go through. I have a student called GS, he is 15 years old i think. However, he has very weak leg, couldn't walk steadily. Hence, his mother, around my size, has to carry him frequently wherever he goes..and when i go for visitation, i can see how the parents treat their child. They really love them a lot..=) something that really touches my heart. A love that is so beautiful. A love that is unconditional. A love that is sacrificial. A love that embraces the whole child. What about many of us? What about me? Can i love people unconditionally and sacrifically? This is something i have to learn. And i really wanna outpour whatever love i have in me to the people out there.

Nick mentioned in his sharing that every circumstance that we go through, has a purpose in it. This is so that when we had gone through it, we are able to fully understand how it really feels. Then we in turn are able to help the person who is going through it. When he said that, i totally agreed. For me myself, last time, i often wondered why i need to go through those terrible and traumatizing times few years ago. Now I know, this is so that i can reach out to the hearts of the young girls who are going through the same time i once went through! Life has a purpose indeed. :) I believe many hearts are touched by Nick. His whole life is a miracle. His whole life is a message to all that Passion drives our life. :)

After service, i was talking and walking with Gabriel and Niming to the mrt, supposed to meet Liangwei and some of the cell guys. then SUDDENLY! my shoe's strap is detached! i was like..OH NO..and it was like daggling all over. So we went to one side and i tried to place the strap back but to no avail. To me, its gone! I am supposed to be at riverwalk at 2pm for Jams conference. I can't go there dragging my foot there? Then Gabriel n Niming took my shoes and tried to place it back, but still cannot! Many passer by saw and its very embarrassing! so we went to another side of the expo mrt to do the shoes. Then Liangwei and the guys came over. Gabriel, a medicine student, still says, "oh man, We gotta do a big operation for her shoes!" Then the 5,6 of them take turns to try salvage my shoes. They even ask me to just cut away the strap but i refused to. Yen was trying to figure how to insert the nails back or sth, then Liangwei offered, say he got plier, asked if we need. I was like.. "!!!! You brought a plier out for WAD?" then he said, "Coz i'm a NS MAN ma!" heh! After that Yen still needs a scissor and liangwei got a pen knife. i was like "WELL EQUIPPED". After quite a long time, the operation is a success. and Yen asked,"Eh Myrna, so are u eating with us?" then i told them no, beause i gotta go for the conference. then Yen is like, " YOu mean you are not eating with us? Haiyah! shouldn't have help you make your shoes, still tot you're going off with us! I am going to wash my hands! "
Before he said that i still thought all of them are very gentlemanly, but after that sentence...MMmm..NOOOOOOOooo!!HAha

But afterall, after knowing them for quite some time my cell group guys are all v nice..They have a willing spirit :)

Today's really great. Learn so much..
All we need, is
A passion for life.
A willing heart.
A love to give.

:)

No comments: