Monday, June 29, 2009

Book

I am half way readiing the book, "I Love you, but I'm not in love with you" by Andrew G.Marshall. haha it's a great book for leisure reading yet it's quite informative. The author is a relationship therapist who has did many research and counselling on relationship. It talks abt about couples who love one another, but are not in love with each other. How can tat be? Yes. I can say that i love my friends, but i'm not in love with my friends. For couples who are in that stage, it is when they are comfortable with each other for what they have shared, gone through and experienced, but, there is a lack of passion.

Also, this book talks abt how to rectify it. And one of the things that I learnt today while reading it on MRT is that, argue is a way of communicating and way of expression as well. I always thought that arguing between couple is bad and we shouldn't do it!! However, it is highly advisable that we should not suppressed our dislike, anger or irritation by swallowing it or thinking, "nevermind, i don't wanna argue with him/her..i shall just forget it." But the thing is, the more we do this, the more more emotions will be built up and eventually, one day, we will just explode! Of coz, there shouldn't be destructive arguements such as physical/verbal abuse etc. I'm happy that i read this part. For me, i'm a person who doesn't like conflcit, and i'd always try my best to avoid it if possible by saying to myself, "Nvm, just 4get it..don't care abt it..". Now i know, we shouldn't just bury all our feelings within :))

I'm happy to spend time with dear these days even tho he has just started working for 2 weeks already :) Even when we just sit beside each other at somewhere with him holding my hand, i will feel so blessed.. :)

OK Going to sleep, gotta do something constructive tml!!

Good night :))

No comments: