Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hunger strikes!

Today is the xiong day. i had 6 hours of lectures straight. By the time i was at my 3rd lecture, i couldn't take it already. I was so hungry. I mean, i ate bak chaor mee for breakfast, waffle and curry puff for snacks, but i just felt as if my hunger is taking over me! I was telling darice marie that i want to eat LOR MEE!! and that darice even said that NUS is national university of STARVATION!! coz we never get to eat our proper meal ! After whining, and time passes slowly, we end school le! at 4pm. They all went back and I rushed to the canteen to buy bread to stuff myself. i stayed in school to wait for Gabriel, Meiqi and Weiqi to go for a meeting. I went to the library, wanting to do some revision as MQ and WQ only ended at 6pm. So i thought i would just stay in library till 6pm! But then..once again..Hunger took over me! I didn't have money with me at that time. SO! I smsed Gabriel, ask if he end school already, and indeed he has. haha so i smsed him, "meet me 525pm sharp at canteen! I need your help, urgent! It's just a gap between life and death!" So at 525pm, gabriel came and was like, "Myrna, what thing?? between life and death somemore!" Then i said, " I'm so hungry but i got no money now, can lend me first?? It's really between life and death! " then he's like "OKaaayyy..i still wanted to rush to library to borrow a book on CPR for u lo!!" -_- heh.

Anyways! after that we meet up with MQ WQ and Yuantai and we talked a lot of random stuffs..our fragrant shoes shi4 jian4. I bet yuantai was like -_- shake head. LOL.

By the way, i just felt that sometimes we just take people for granted. I mean, everyone of us know that we shouldn't take people for granted. But how many of us have actually internalised that? Like for me, a very simple example will be, every morning, my mum will wake up before me and when i am preparing to go to school, i really need an assistant to help me. Okay, i know some of u feel like stoning me. But really haha, i really need help or not i will forever late! My mum will always be the one helping me with the random stuffs, like "mummy, can u help me take tissue paper? can you help me take my that book? can u help me fill my water bottle pls??" When Marie knows that my mum actually helped me fill my water bottle every day, she gave me that "!!!!!" look. lOl..okay i know..i'm like a primary school kid. But realy, till now, my mum still helps me do that. I mean..at times i will get so immune to it that i think it's natural. But...!! When my mum was away in Msia, i will feel so lost!

We shouldn't take people for granted. But on the other hand, if we are the ones who felt as if we are being taken for granted, let's not lose heart :) People may think that we've not done enough, not good enough, not caring enough, not this enough and that enough, but as long as we know in our hearts that we've done the best, that's enough. Most importantly, God knows that we've done our best, that's enough :) At times i will feel that way too, but let's not burden ourselves or care too much about what people thinks. i mean surely we'll be affected by what people say, BUT, we are the ones to accept or to discard the things they say from our lives!

Come on, the world is still beautiful, full of beautiful people!! Like you and me! :) MUAHAHAH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha myrna! Why you always so hungry one ah? :) fortunately got pork rib noodles to save your life lol