Sunday, October 18, 2009

Heart

HELLO FRIENDS! haha it has been a while since i last updated about my thoughts and feelings. I have only been uploading pics and my activities for the last few entries :)) Anyway, I'm still in my job hunt! And i'm not ashame to declare that! :) But I have to admit, i was a bit paiseh in the beginning, everytime ppl ask me what i am doing now, have i started working, i will sheepishly say that i'm still job hunting. However, over these months, i have learnt to be stronger and 'tougher' :)) I always thought its a taboo to not work right after graduation. For instance..many of us have this mindset that our value or worth is determined by the kind of job we work or how fast we find a job. If you don't get a job as fast as your other peers, means u are not better than them. I beg to differ. Our value and self-worth is not determined by our job or what we work as! And i realized that many times, most of our friends are cool with that, instead, they are encouraging. at least for my friends. They will just encourage me:) Even when they don't know what to say, they will just put in positive words. And yes, our words will frame our world :) That is why it is so important to stay close to friends who have a positive outlook. Like what pastor shared today, our outlook determine our outcome :)

"Hey its okay, take ur time to find a job! Better enjoy ur holiday now, u still have the rest of ur life to work!"


"I have been keeping you in prayer and i believe u will get a job position which u reallly like!"


"I'm believing together with u, keep on pressing on!"

:)

And have i met up with people who are at the other end? a bit critical or judgemental? Hmmm not really people who are like that, but honestly, yes there are just a few insensitive comments that don't edify me at all.

Wanted to write it down, but i think i will not do so :)

hur hur. Upset? Affected? Yes of coz! But only for that 1 min. Because I know and I know that I will certainly get a good job! And i definitely have the support of my friends & family and Jesus! I know.. they who gave insenstive comments won't be the ones whom i can rely on :))

Am I anxious?? Honestly, Yes and No. Yes, it's because its going to be the end of the year which means i'm not studying or working for nearly 5 months! doesn't look good on my resume. No, its because I really really believe that God will give me something really good. As long as I do whatever I can, do my very best, God will do the rest :))

And during these few months, I have learnt to appreciate little things. I learnt to appreciate the time spent with my friends & family. I learnt to think more about things. I get more time to read, exercise & go anywhere I want. And i learnt to appreciate the lesson plan that God has put in my life during this period of time. I was v easily frustrated and upset few months ago ( u can ask titus, lol..he knows & sees) because of the job thingie. Compare to now, i won't say it's gone completely, but it's getting lesser and lesser of that :)) I know i have to grow up and grow out of this. And for the past few week's de cg sermons, i just felt that the Word is so appropriate for me. About waiting for the appointed time, learning to be patient etc.

I thank God for putting beautiful people around me to encourage me during this period of time! :) And I have learnt the importance of self encouragement too :)


When I cannot see God's Hand, I will trust His Heart :)

2 comments:

Jackyln said...

hey myrna. I like this post of yours. speaks to me as well. cuz im in an almost similar situation as u (: thank u for sharing!!!

Myrna said...

heys heys jackyln! Let's jiayou and support one another ok!:) Doesn't matter what ppl think, i think the most important thing is how we view ourselves and how to make the best out of the whole situation! =DD *HUGS*!