Thursday, October 11, 2007

Give Encouragement!

This week has been busy yet interesting. There're so much to say yet i don't know where to start. Start from the most recent one. My sec 1 tution kid just smsed me to thank me just now, saying she got A1 for her final year maths. i was very happy for her! haha When i first start teaching her 4,5 months ago, she's still a C and D student. She used to not do homework, and even if she does, she will copy the answers from the back of the assessment books. haha

But within few months, she has improved so much! i believe that's the power of encouragement. I don't think I have any special teaching method. But everytime before i go to her place to give tution, I would pray that God will guide me into teaching her. And everytime i go there, i would make a point to say at least 4,5 times of encouraging words and extravagant praises to her. Gradually i can see the difference in her. . But now, she would be so excited about doing maths and started teaching her friends in class.

I feel , Sometimes its our self-image that limits us and how people's perception of us can put a limitation to our potential.

Let us start speaking encouraging words to our friends everyday! We will never know how these words can transform a person's life :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Myrna ROCKS! =)